This course is designed to provide training in safe lifting operations in the context of underground coal mining. It includes planning for lifting, preparing for lifting and moving loads. Course participants who are deemed competent after undergoing this training will receive a Statement of Attainment.
- $600.00 per person
- Please call 0447 455 002 to book.
- Training can be conducted at your work site or at off-site facilities
This course teaches participants how to:
- develop a underground lifting plan
- confirm and check elimination/control measures for hazards associated with the work
- label unserviceable equipment, materials and tools in accordance with site rules
- select and prepare appropriate anchors in the underground environment
- direct the movement of the load in an underground environment using standard signals for load moving
- ensure stability of the load by application of load movement procedure, temporary bracing and/or load support
- correctly place and secure the load
- dismantle and remove/restore load shifting equipment